2011-09-14 - to St. Charles, PQ

Great News! the Champlain canal is completely open now! We are good to go.  We spent half of the day at the dock enjoying a quiet moment, showers, internet. We left at 12:30pm to tackle the next part of the trip....the Richelieu River. We had a knot or two of current to go against, so it was a little slower day. We landed at a town dock near a closed-down restaurant. We landed and noticed that there was a convenience store across the street. It has been great to be in Quebec for the 'immersion' part of Connor's school lessons. We have been pointing out signs and listening to the language, while here. The only thing that I wish is that they didn't know English so well! :) I was hoping that he could practice speaking in French. In the store we went in, I want him to order his slushie in French. The flavours were listed in French...fraise, etc. When I said 'fraise' to Connor...to get him going - the lady behind the counter said 'strawberry?'. I have not met one person who did not speak English! (no it's all up to me I guess) :(

No comments:

Post a Comment