2011-10-29 - to Throughfare Creek, SC (mile 389)

This morning we had planned to leave the docks at Barefoot Landing.  Connor was, as always, reluctant to leave.  He had a lot of fun here and didn't want to go.  We explained that if he wanted to swim with the sharks and the swimming pigs....we had to get a move on.  He seemed to get it. We did need a few groceries, so I had planned to jump on the bike with trailer to pick up a few.  When we were putting the trailer together Kerry had noticed that the wheel axels had rusted and we couldn't get the wheels on.  That is the thing with salt water is that it just eats away at anything that is steel.  I ended up grabbing a bag and headed to  the store.  When I was finished I had far more than what I could ever imagine would fit in my bag...and, on my bike.  An employee at the store offerred to run me back.  It wasn't far at all....so, I was thankful for the offer.  After that, we threw our lines.   It was just a few hours today.  We had an anchorage picked out off of the Waccamaw River.  There was one other boat in the anchorage as we pulled in, so we kept on heading up the creek until we found an area that was suitable to drop the hook.  It was so quiet and serene.  After dinner we went outside and found ourselves listening to the owls and playing with our echos.  It was very special. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds as if you have discovered Thoroughfare Creek...one of our very favorite anchorages.
    Silverheels III

    ReplyDelete