2011-11-28 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Cooley's Landing....still)

We are still here at Cooley's - hoping to head out soon but we have a few big jobs to do on the boat.  One of them was unjamming the spare halyard at the top of the mast. It had slipped off of the wheel and jammed in the mechanism.  This required me to go up there and sort it out.  It was quite jammed and took over an hour to clear.  Greg from Cee Jem and Kerry stood by and manned the lines.  It was good to finally tick off one of the big jobs on our list.  Several more are on....but one day at a time!
One of the very exciting things that happened today was that
Connor caught his first fish!  We have been throwing out a line just really for fun.  We throw it out...reel it in.  Nothing ever jumps on the hook.  But, this time he yelled out, "I caught one, I caught one".  I was not prepared for that.  I shouted to Kerry who came running to assist, we had to run back to grab the net, the pliers and, of course, the camera.  He was thrilled.  We ended up freeing this little guy to live for another day.



My view from above!

No comments:

Post a Comment