2011-12-01 - in Miami, FL (Coconut Grove)


Last night on the radio I heard the advertisement for "Santa's Enchanted Forest".  I did a quick search and thought that it would be fun to go.  I got Kerry on board with the idea and after told Connor - he couldn't contain himself.  In the morning he quickly and attentively completed his school work so that we could get there on time.  It's a large amusement area, but in a Christmas / Santa theme.  We headed into town early afternoon for a quick walkabout and then hopped on one of the city buses that would take us there.  It was quite nice.  They had so many Christmas lights in the trees that lined a long walkway to the amusements.  They also had displays lining the walk and rides for younger kids.  We found the local bus that would take us to the terminal and transfer to the terminal.  To find the bus I jumped on the first bus I saw to ask which bus to take.  Within moments the whole bus was shouting out orders for the bus.  I felt like I was on Price is Right....where I was bidding on a set of washer and dryer. I couldn't even make out really what they were saying.  Very helpful lot, really, but we figured it out.  One crazy
thing that happened occurred when we getting on the second bus.  Kerry heard someone call out his name and guess who it was QCYC folks?  John Ball (J.B.).  for those who don't know J.B. he is from our club back home.  He was thinking of heading down this way, but we had no idea that he had made it.  He had left after the whole closing of the Erie canal thing....so I can't wait to hear his story when we meet again.  The bus driver was closing the door quickly behind Kerry so we didn't get to hear.  Anyway...small world.  I tried a lot of the rides that Connor did.  I figured that this is training for
crossing the Gulf Stream.  If I can handle these rides, I can handle anything that the crossing can throw at us!
Connor is the 'Ring Master' at the Children's Interactive Circus


Wheeee!  So hard to get a good picture of this as they were moving so quickly......They loved it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment