2011-12-10 - to Chub Cay, Berry Islands


"I got my toes in the water, ?ss in the sand, not a care in the world a cold
beer in my hand, life is good today!" Zak Brown

We pulled away from our choppy little anchorage at daybreak.  The good thing is that we were on a run - heading west, with following seas.  I could have done that easily all day.  Something inside me wanted to keep heading back to Bimini as the ride  was so smooth and quick - we were going 8 knots now compared to the 5 heading into the wind.  But, we did turn around and headed towards the north channel entrance.  Just as we turned around, I put the rod in the water and almost immediately pulled in a 2 foot Spanish mackerel.  Now, I didn't know it at the time...so, this little fella' also got to live another day.  I think I enjoy most finding these fish and identifying them- and then sending them on their way.  It was another rough day, but a shorter one than the day before. 
 Chub Cay came into view and we saw a few boats in the anchorage.  As we approached the beach the water became calmer and calmer until there was nothing but a ripple.  Ahhhh.  This is what it is all about.  It took Connor about 30 seconds to suit up and jump in around the boat.  He could see large pin cushion starfish and smaller fish flitting about the white sand below.  We eventually all got our flippers on and headed to the beach.  The sun has been incredibly strong and hot.  After a few moments, Kerry swam back to get the dinghy, hats, sunglasses, more sunscreen, towels and cover ups. We enjoyed just hanging out and
snorkeling in the shallow waters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment